The old iron bridge which connected Wyomissing and West Lawn was built in 1925.
Below: Photos showing the iron bridge which was under construction at the time.
Below: 1960 Map showing location of old iron bridge.
The bridge had three distinct passageways – one for two-way automotive traffic, one for trolley cars and one for pedestrians.
Below: 1935 photo looking through the iron-truss bridge. On the extreme left, is part of Penn Iron Works, which was razed in June 1971.
The bridge was razed in the summer of 1977 when the Warren Street Bypass was extended to relieve congestion on Penn Ave., however, no “real relief” would be noticed until the Warren Street Bypass was opened to Lancaster Avenue (which would not be realized until the late 1990s).