The cornerstone for the Lorane Elementary School building, Exeter Township, was laid during afternoon ceremonies on July 12, 1959.
The new structure was built to relieve over-crowded conditions in both the elementary and high school buildings. Initially, it housed six sections of 7th grade pupils and 14 elementary classes.
Total cost of the new structure was approximately $900.000. Elmer H. Adams, Reiffton architect, designed the structure. General contractor for the project was Horst Construction Co.
Construction contracts were awarded on July 1, 1958, and ground was broken July 16, 1958. The building was competed in August, 1959. The school was renovated and expanded in 1992.