The Queen of the Valley Diner was opened in 1954 at 1730 Penn Avenue in West Lawn. It was located near the old Iron Bridge and named for a famed train that passed by on the tracks behind the restaurant. It was owned and operated by Charles and Gloria Schwambach, who also owned the Hitching Post Restaurant on Penn Avenue and Schwambach’s Diner on Route 61 in Temple. The Queen of the Valley burned in 1959, but was rebuilt and remodeled. The owners moved operations in the early 1970s to the renovated former Imperial Club in Springmont to make way for the state highway project connecting the Warren Street Bypass with the Lancaster Pike, Route 222.